About Dr. Greene
Education & Credentials
- 1977 Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Long Island University
- 1972 B.A., The Johns Hopkins University
- 1979 New York State License Psychologist #5968
Dr. Greene has been in private practice since 1979, and had professional affiliations with hospitals, clinics, medical and dental schools.
Dr. Greene is a clinical psychologist with interests in psychotherapy for individuals and couples. He has published in the areas of psychotherapy treatment, suicide prevention, trauma and disaster response. Active in the New York State Psychological Association, he has served as President of the Clinical Division in 2001, Chair of the Editorial Policies Committee, and represented the Division of Clinical Psychology on the Governing Council of NYSPA from 2002-2005. Currently, he is on the Clinical Division’s Executive Board, and is the former editor of that division’s newsletter, Clinical Perspectives. He is a member of the Westchester County Psychological Association and chairs the Disaster Relief Committee.
Dr. Greene has been affiliated with Iona College since 1979, and is Professor of Psychology in the Psychology Department. He served as Chair of the Psychology Department from 1999-2006, and again 2010-2013. Previously, he was the Director of the Masters Mental Health Counseling program. He has been the Clinical Consultant to the Iona College Counseling Center.
In 2013, The Academic Division of the New York State Psychological Association awarded him the David Mitchell Award for Outstanding Service to the New York State Psychological Association and to Academic and Community Psychology. Westchester County Psychological Association awarded him their Distinguished Service Award in 2006, and in 2003, the New York State Psychological Association awarded him the Distinguished Service Award.
He is a member of the American Psychological Association.
- “Trauma and Relationships” Greene, P. & Phillips, S. Trauma and Relationships. NYSPA Notebook, (2010) 1, 12-13
- "What is Clinical Psychology?" Greene, P., & Levine, E. (2008) Clinical Perspectives 9(1).
- "FDNY Crisis Counseling: Innovative Responses to 9/11 Firefighters, Families, and Communities", Greene, P., Kane, D., Christ, G., Lynch, S., & Corrigan, M. Hoboken: John Willey & Sons (2006)
- Book Review of “Defiant Teens”, by R.A. Barley, H. Edwards, and A.L. Robin (1999) appeared in The Family Psychologist. Fall 1999
- The Psychological Autopsy as a Tool in Student Development. Grieger, I. & Greene, P. The Journal of Student Development. July/August 1998, Vol. 39 No. 4
- Psychological and Dental Case Studies of Patients Reporting “No Bite”. with M. Gelb. American Academy of Orofacial Pain, 20th Annual Scientific Meeting on Orofacial Pain and Temporomandibular Disorders. February, 1995.